Cortana : The Digital Assistant Now Available on Android .
Cortana is your personal assistant, developed by Microsoft, and is now available on your Android phones so you can access her at any time.
Cortana is there to help make things easier for you and keep you up to date on the things that matter to you:
• Use Cortana as a voice assistant by speaking naturally or even by typing, and she’ll find answers from the web or help you get things done.
• Find answers using Bing including the latest sports scores, movie show times, local restaurants, facts and references, and more.
• Set reminders with Cortana and get the reminders at a specific or recurring time, or when you arrive/leave a certain location.
• Set alarms.
• Place calls to your contacts using voice.
• Voice texting: dictate your SMS/text to
Cortana using voice.
The list of things which Cortana can do for you keeps growing over time. Whatever it is you’re looking for, just ask Cortana. Cortana also learns about you over time, keeping track of your interests (favorite sports teams, new topics you care about, your favorite places) to help you even more by providing personal and proactive suggestions.
Cortana is your truly personal digital assistants,
ready to help with reminders, search, suggestions, tasks, and more. The Cortana app for Android is designed to help you get things done; It’s still in development so look closely for more new, exciting features coming soon.
You can even join the beta-testing group of Cortana by going here.